Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Tagged Under:

2013 Aipp SA Professional Photography Awards Silver Awards Portrait

Share



Most definitely, my most successful category this year at the awards was the portrait category. I have put a lot of work and effort into this genre and I was extremely pleased with the outcome. Out of four prints entered, I achieved a 50% strike rate with two print both achieving Silver Awards.
I simply cannot go past this without showing the two prints that ‘just’ got away, missing out by only one point to get up to an award. Both of the images included below achieved a score of 79, but most certainly were not the losers on the day. Each image brought about a challenge from one of the judges at the time, and I was thrilled with the discussions that ensued.
What this does for me is re-fuel my energy and gives me the encouragement to strive for that next level and to continue to improve my skills. My ultimate aim from each of my portraits is to tell a story about who you are; this, in turn, will continue to tell the story in the future about who you were.
“A Birth certificate shows that you were born. A death certificate shows that you have died. Pictures show that you have lived”
art-IMG_0048_V2crop
art_IMG_0025-gee_V2
artIMG_0214_V2
art_IMG_0283geeV2crop
AIPP block email and blog

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Need an Invite?

Want to attend the wedding event? Be our guest, give us a message.

Name Email * Message *

Our Location