Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Tagged Under:

ADELAIDE WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER | SHARNI & BROCK’S WEDDING DAY STORY

Share


On the morning of the 3rd of January 2014, I was at home pottering away when I received a phone call at midday from a dear friend and fellow photographer.
It was the very calm voice of Ali on the other end of the line just saying hi and asking me what I was up to during the afternoon.
“Oh, not much.” was my reply.
“So”, continued Ali. “How would you feel about second shooting for a wedding this afternoon?”.
Oh my goodness – this was a first. Ali’s husband, Alex, had taken ill and felt he needed support. Ali, also a photographer, usually shoots with Alex but was needed at home to look after their adorable six-month-old daughter.
I have to be honest that I was in no way prepared – and I hadn’t even done my hair!!
“Ok” I said, “what time and where?”. Festivities were to commence at the Hotel Intercontinental at 1.30pm.
Alex then called at 12.30pm saying that it was probably best that he didn’t go at all; at that moment I switched from second shooter mode to primary shooter mode.
Alex gave me a run-down of the afternoon and to my absolute pleasure he told me that Brock and Sharni were going to do a ‘first look’.
The wedding day ‘first look’ is very popular in America but not done so much here in Australia. I had never before had the pleasure to photograph this sweet event.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Need an Invite?

Want to attend the wedding event? Be our guest, give us a message.

Name Email * Message *

Our Location